Prioritize the CREATE Goals
Provide high-quality cultural and recreational experiences for residents and visitors.
- Provide resources and venues to secure local, national and international talent to perform in Lafayette.
- Enhance access in creative production and participation by underrepresented populations.
- Establish an annual public input event to discuss success of efforts or provide opportunity to refocus.
Develop state-of-the-art creative infrastructure to support the public realm and drive culture and parks participation.
- Establish an accessible multi-use creative industry performance and rehearsal complex between 300 – 1,500 seats.
- Identify infrastructure assets with potential to revitalize / re-use for arts & cultural needs (artist studios, live/work spaces, galleries, performance venues, markets).
- Establish and nurture cultural and historic districts.
- Better connect public parks and community assets.
- Pursue public-private partnerships to fund infrastructure / multiply public investment.
- Encourage creative clustering with intentional placement.
Educate and inspire the next generation of creative thinkers to build our workforce and retain talent.
- Develop an educational program for annual mini business plans and reports for select disciplines.
- Nurture arts and health education for K-12 students.
- Ensure local higher educational institutions have the curriculum, certification and teaching resources to cover innovation, entrepreneurship, leadership and management in relative industries.
- Build the best educational programs in the world to learn about our culture and language.
- Develop a cultural leadership or fellows program.
Promote and strengthen Lafayette’s creative assets at home and for visitors.
- Work with Louisiana Office of Cultural Development.
- Develop and further engage digital media to showcase assets.
- Incorporate cross-departmental, parish-wide brand and marketing campaign.
- Increase public awareness of assets by developing and maintaining a thorough and updated asset inventory.
- Pursue strategic international partnerships and collaborations.
Ensure robust support systems are in place to drive sector growth, capture return on investment and ensure sustainability.
- Establish creative economy division or commission.
- Assist in developing creative new ventures or projects.
- Maintain a program to assist existing organizations in increasing sustainability.
- Utilize industry knowledge and assets to interface across industries.
- Streamline policies and regulatory support to creative and community assets.
- Improve sustainability of parks and recreation.
- Work with UL and LEDA to develop related industry measurement and data collection tools.
- Continuously collect and review financial data of related industry organizations.
- Better incorporate French and other languages into daily life.